Make the Gym More Accessible By…
- Having exercise machines with swing‐away seats that allow a wheelchair user to back into it.
- Having accessible shower stalls in the locker room.
- Having accessible changing stalls in the locker room.
- Having just one stationary hand‐bike in your sea of never‐ending treadmills.
- Having a small length of rope attached to overhanging pieces of equipment so you can reach it while seated.
- Having enough space between machines so that a chair can easily fit between them (I’d say at least 26 inches).
- Having exercise machines (real ones) in addition to free weights. Not all of us can safely wield a dumbbell.
Support Urban Cripple
If you want to support Urban Cripple, become a patron! You’ll get access to the Urban Cripple community, have your submitted questions answered faster, and more!